- source: Family History Library Catalog
Pattiswick is a village near the A120 road, located since 1974 in the Braintree District, in the English county of Essex. The civil parish was part of the Braintree Rural District from 1894 until 1949 when it was abolished and the area divided between the parishes of Bradwell-next-Coggeshall and the newly formed Coggeshall.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Pattiswick from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "PATTISWICK, a parish in Braintree [registration district], Essex; near the river Blackwater, 2½ miles W N W of Coggeshall, and 3¾ E by N of Braintree [railway] station. Post-town, Braintree. Acres: 1,297. Real property: £1,894. Population: 324. Houses: 76. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Bishop of Rochester. The living is a [perpetual] curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value £340. Patron: the Bishop of Rochester. The church stands on a pleasant green, and was recently restored. There is a national school."
Categories: Essex, England | Pattiswick, Essex, England | Braintree Rural, Essex, England | Bradwell-next-Coggeshall, Essex, England | Coggeshall, Essex, England | Braintree (district), Essex, England