Par (meaning cove) is a town and fishing port with a harbour on the south coast of Cornwall, England. The town has been, since 1974, situated in the civil parish of Tywardreath and Par (formerly the parish of Tywardreath), although West Par and the docks lies in the St Blaise parish (formerly the parish of St. Blazey). Par is approximately 3.5 miles (5.6 km) east of St. Austell. Par had a population of around 1,600 in 2012 (according to a local estimate [dead link]).
Par became developed in the second quarter of the nineteenth century when the harbour was developed, in order to serve copper mines and other mineral sites in and surrounding the Luxulyan Valley; china clay later became the dominant traffic as copper working declined, and the harbour and the china clay "dries" remain as distinctive features of the industrial heritage; however the mineral activity is much reduced.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.