|Name||Ormesby St. Michael|
|Alt names||Orbeslei||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 192|
|Ormesbei||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 192|
|Ormesbey||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 192|
|Ormesby||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 192|
|Ormesby St Michael||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 192; Gazetteer of Great Britain (1999) p 550|
|Osmesbei||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 192|
|Ormesby Saint Michael||source: long form|
|Ormsby-St. Michael||source: FamilySearch Catalog|
|Ormesby St Michael||source: Wikipedia|
|Little Ormesby||source: FamilySearch Catalog|
|Type||Village, Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England|
|See also||East Flegg Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|East and West Flegg Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
NOTE: Ormesby St. Michael should not be mistaken for the village of Ormesby St. Margaret, which lies some 3 km (1.9 mi) to the east in the parish of Ormesby St. Margaret with Scratby.
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Ormesby St. Michael is a small village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It is situated some 12 km (7.5 mi) north-west of the town of Great Yarmouth and 25 km (16 mi) east of the city of Norwich. Nearby are Ormesby Broad and Ormesby Little Broad, both part of the Trinity Broads within The Broads.
The civil parish has an area of 4.21 km2 (1.63 sq mi) and in the 2001 UK census had a population of 297 in 128 households, increasing to 302 at the 2011 UK census. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the District of Great Yarmouth.
Ormesby Manor is a Grade II listed 19th manor house with an Italianate tower.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Ormesby St. Michael. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901