The Village of Nunda is located on the west side of the Town of Nunda. Note: the town and village name is pronounced "Nuttin'-deah."
The village was incorporated in 1839 as "Nunda Valley." A large fire destroyed part of the village in 1852. In 1853, an attempt was made to found a new county with Nunda village as the county seat. This attempt failed.