- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
NOTE: There are three Newbiggins in Northumberland, one in County Durham, three in Westmorland and one in the North Riding of Yorkshire. All have been renamed to indicate their location.
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Newbiggin-by-the-Sea is a small town in Northumberland, England, lying on the North Sea coast. Once an important port for shipping grain and a coal mining town, it is still a small fishing port making use of traditional coble boats.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.