- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Morton Pinkney is a village and civil parish in the South Northamptonshire District in Northamptonshire, England, about 7.5 miles (12 km) north of Brackley. The 2011 UK Census recorded the parish's population as 371.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Morton Pinkney railway station.. Within the parish of Morton Pinkney (or Moreton Pinkney according to Wikipedia) there were at one time two railway stations. They were both closed in the 1960s.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Morton Pinkney from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "MORTON-PINKNEY, a village and a parish in Brackley [registration] district, Northampton. The village stands 5¾ miles NNE of Farthinghoe [railway] station, and 8 W by N of Towcester; and has a post office under Banbury. The parish comprises 2,422 acres. Real property: £4,344. Population: 570. Houses: 135. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to E. Sempill, Esq. The Manor House is ancient, bears the shields of the families of Cope and Candler, was restored and enlarged in 1860, and is approached through lodge-gates bearing the arms of the Sempills. A chalybeate spring is at the SW extremity of the village. Lace-making is carried on. The living is a [perpetual] curacy in the diocese of Peterborough. Value: £220. Patron: Oriel College, Oxford. The church is chiefly ancient; was restored and partly rebuilt in 1845; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with porches and low tower. There are a Baptist chapel, a national and an infant school, and charities £32."