Post office established May 16, 1912, Alva D. Stanton; Walter W. Volkmer, June 30, 1913; Miss Ester Joines, Dec. 21, 1920 [wed, Mrs. Dean Fay Palmer, November 15, 1921]; Lois Amyx, 1958; Joe Amyx; Mrs. Delores Jones [nee Gifford] on S. Bank of R., Sec. 16, 1965; 1973, Star Route - Montour & Sweet & Ola, 21 miles; Many carriers, 1 st with buckboard until WPA build better road, then by pickup from Ola to Montour. Railroad quit so Rt. carrier went to Emmett to pick up mail which stages had brought from Boise. Later starting point changed to Ola [to Emmett] as it was in 1973. First mail by fgt. wagon from Boise: 1913 by Ry with messenger from depot using handcart..
Cornerstone of the Methodist Church in Montour at the nw corner of the foundation; the front steps are at the sw corner of the foundation.
Photographs of the old downtown buildings may be seen at Library of Congress, American Memory, Built in America collection.