Place:Milton-next-Gravesend, Kent, England

Watchers


NameMilton-next-Gravesend
TypeVillage
Coordinates51.439°N 0.386°E
Located inKent, England
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Milton-next-Gravesend was, and still is, one of the ancient ecclesiastical parishes in the NW of the county of Kent, England. When Gravesend became a town under Royal Charter in the 13th century, Milton was included within it. Much of the parish was, until c. 1840, rural. The boundary between the two parishes is centred up Gravesend town High Street (which puts the old Town Hall in Milton, not Gravesend), continuing up Windmill Street and Singlewell Road. The spread of the town could only take place to the east - Northfleet lies to the west - so that much of the 'newer' parts of Gravesend built since 1840 lie within Milton parish.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Milton-next-Gravesend. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.