McClure is a borough in Snyder County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 941 at the 2010 census. The town is named for Alexander Kelly McClure. McClure owes its origin to the building of the Sunbury-Lewistown railroad, that at one time ran through the center of town. The town was founded in 1867. The borough of McClure was established on January 1, 1967, when the residents decided to incorporate.
The town was originally named Stuckton after George Stuck who owned the farm land that today is known as McClure. In the year 1867, when it was certain that the Middlecreek Valley railroad would be located practically through the center of the Stuck Farm, George Stuck staked out a section of his farm, laid out a few lots and named the place “STUCKTON.” Thus a town was born, but without houses, except an old rotted log hut. It remained as such for the next four years. No one seemed interested in buying lots or building a home.