- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Little Oakley from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "OAKLEY (Little), a parish in Tendring [registration] district, Essex; 1¾ mile N E of Great Oakley, and 2¾ S S W of Dover court [railway] station. Post-town, Harwich. Acres: 1,119; of which 90 are water. Real property: £1,903. Population: 306. Houses: 66. The property is chiefly divided between two. The manor belongs to Sir H. Rowley, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value: £428. Patron: the Rev. G. Burmester. The church comprises decorated English nave and chancel, and later English tower; and contains a new stone reredos and a new font. There is a national school."
There is no description in Wikipedia
The parish was part of the Tendring Rural District from 1894 until 1974, and since 1974 it has been located in the Tendring District of Essex.