Lightcliffe is a village in West Yorkshire, England. Historically part of the West Riding of Yorkshire, it is situated approximately three miles east of Halifax and two miles north west of Brighouse in the metropolitan district of Calderdale. It was created a separate parish in 1846.
Lightcliffe is a dormitory village for people working in Halifax, Brighouse, and Bradford, and commuting to Leeds, Manchester, and Sheffield. It stretches along the Wakefield and Leeds roads, surrounded by fields and rolling countryside. Lightcliffe feels very established and green – with many mature trees and large houses. Lightcliffe's main park, "the Stray", is 11 acres of lawn and trees and contains a war memorial erected in 1923. In April 1937, an avenue of trees was planted in the park to commemorate King George VI's coronation. Towards the village centre is the cricket club. There are two golf clubs, the long established Lightcliffe Golf Club and Crow's Nest Golf Club.
The oldest part of the village contains the Sun Inn – a former coaching inn, along what was in antiquity the main road to London. The new Lightcliffe Anglican church, St Matthew's, was built in 1875 to replace the old church. It is a Gothic Revival building, with an embattled parapet which is reminiscent of a medieval castle.
On Leeds Road is situated the URC church – now converted to offices. A feature of this church is that it contained a peal of bells – unusual for a nonconformist church. It has a tall steeple and stained glass. The church congregation has merged with Hipperholme Methodist Church and they share a building. Hipperholme and Lightcliffe High School is a secondary foundation school and sports college. Lightcliffe Church of England Primary School is located in an old stone building and Cliffe Hill Primary has newer premises.