- Lambton was a canton and a village in the historical county of Beauce.
- The canton of Lambton was established on 1 Jul 1855
- The village of Lambton was established on 29 Jan 1913
- Around 1912, Lambton became part of the newly created county of Frontenac.
- On 23 Dec 1976, the canton and the village of Lambton merged to become the municipality of Lambton, which is currently located in the Regional County Municipality of Le Granit, Estrie, Québec, Canada.
- "LAMBTON, or ST. VITAL DE LAMBTON, a thriving post village in Beauce co., Que., in rear of Lake St. Francis, 36 miles from St. Francois, the county town, and 15 miles from D'Israeli. It contains 1 Roman Catholic church, 7 saw mills, 3 grist mills. 2 tanneries, 5 stores 1 hotel and extensive sugaries. Pop. 1800."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Source:Canada, Quebec. Code Géographique Du Québec
- ↑ Source:Canada, Quebec. Répertoire Des Municipalités Du Québec
- ↑ Source:Bibliothèque nationale du Québec (BNQ), Digital Collections: Postcards
- ↑ Source:Magnan, Hormisdas. Dictionnaire historique et géographique des paroisses, missions et municipalities de la province de Québec, pg. 717