|Type||Civil parish, Suburb|
|Located in||Cornwall, England|
|See also||Powder Hundred, Cornwall, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Truro Rural, Cornwall, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1974|
|Truro, Cornwall, England||urban district into which some of it was absorbed in 1934|
|Truro Registration District, Cornwall, England||registration district of which it was part 1837-2007|
|Chacewater, Cornwall, England||new parish formed in 1934 which absorbed part of Kenwyn Rural parish|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Kenwyn (Cornish: Keynwynn) is a settlement and civil parish in Cornwall, England. The settlement is now a suburb of the city of Truro and is situated half-a-mile (1 km) north of the city centre. It gives its name to one of three rivers that flow through the city.
Kenwyn Rural Civil Parish
The civil parish of Kenwyn Rural was created from part of Kenwyn Civil Parish in 1894 to serve the outer parts of the area. It was abolished in 1934 and the parish was divided into three parts: the largest reverting to Kenwyn Civil parish, another 1500 acres to Chacewater Civil Parish and a further 700 acres to Truro Civil Parish.
Source: A Vision of Britain through Time
This map indicates the rural and the urban sections of Kenwyn.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.
- GENUKI makes a great many suggestions as to other websites with worthwhile information about Cornwall as well as providing 19th century descriptions of each of the ecclesiastical parishes.
- FamilySearch Wiki provides a similar information service to GENUKI which may be more up-to-date.
- A Vision of Britain through Time has
- organization charts of the hierarchies of parishes within hundreds, registration districts and rural and urban districts of the 20th century
- excerpts from a gazetteer of circa 1870 outlining individual towns and parishes
- reviews of population through the time period 1800-1960
- More local sources can often be found by referring to "What Links Here" in the column on the left.
Categories: Cornwall, England | Powder Hundred, Cornwall, England | Truro Rural, Cornwall, England | Truro, Cornwall, England | Kenwyn, Cornwall, England | Chacewater, Cornwall, England | Truro Registration District, Cornwall, England