The town of Berlin was organized in May, 1785, incorporating parts of Farmington, Wethersfield and Middletown. The Church in Kensington was originally the Second Church of Farmington. It was organized December 10, 1719. From this church the New Britain Church was organized in 1758, and the Worthington Church in 1775.
Kensington is a census-designated place (CDP) and section of the town of Berlin in Hartford County, Connecticut, United States. The Berlin town offices are located in Kensington. The population was 8,459 at the 2010 census.
The Henry Hooker House is a historic home in Kensington.