|Located in||Worcestershire, England|
|Also located in||Hereford and Worcester, England (1974 - 1998)|
|Worcestershire, England (1998 - )|
|See also||Blackenhurst (hundred), Worcestershire, England||hundred covering part of the parish|
|Oswaldslow (hundred), Worcestershire, England||hundred covering part of the parish|
|Feckenham Rural, Worcestershire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1933|
|Evesham Rural, Worcestershire, England||rural district of which it was part 1933-1974|
|Wychavon District, Hereford and Worcester, England||district municipality into which it was transferred in 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Inkberrow from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "INKBERROW, a village and a parish in the [registration] district of Alcester and county of Worcester. The village stands near the boundary with Warwick[shire], 5½ miles W of Alcester railway station, and 7 SSW of Redditch; and has a post office under Bromsgrove. The parish contains also a place called Cokehill. Acres: 6,791. Real property: £14,313; of which £100 are in quarries. Population in 1851: 1,711; in 1861: 1,573. Houses: 365. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to the Earl of Abergavenny. The land is hilly. A nunnery anciently stood at Cokehill; is said, by some authorities, to have been founded by Gervase of Canterbury, in the time of Richard I.; but is said, by others, to have been founded, in 1260, by Isabella, Countess of Warwick, who became one of its nuns. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value: £850. Patron: the Earl of Abergavenny. The church is decorated and later English; was repaired in 1841; has a tower; and contains a canopied effigies of John Savage, Esq., of 1631. There are chapels for Baptists and Methodists, a national school, and church and poors lands yielding £80 a year."
- Ordnance Survey Maps of England and Wales - Revised: Worcestershire illustrates the parish boundaries of Worcestershire when rural districts were still in existence and before the West Midlands came into being. The map publication year is 1931. The map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets. Maps in this series are now downloadable for personal use.
- British History Online has a collection of local maps from the Ordnance Survey 1883-1893. Rural areas are included, but these may be especially useful for investigation the suburbs of large towns.
- GENUKI makes a great many suggestions as to other websites with worthwhile information about Worcestershire as well as leading to a collection of 19th century descriptions of each of the ecclesiastical parishes.
- The Midlands Historical Data project produces searchable facsimile copies of old local history books and directories of interest to genealogists. It specialises in the three counties of Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Staffordshire, working closely with libraries, archives and family history societies in the area. Digital images are made freely available to participating organisations to improve public access. Free search index on its web-site to all its books. In many cases payment will be required to see the extract.
- organization charts of the hierarchies of parishes within hundreds, registration districts and rural and urban districts of the 20th century
- excerpts from a gazetteer of circa 1870 outlining individual towns and parishes
- reviews of population through the time period 1800-1960
- More local sources can often be found by referring to "What Links Here" in the column on the left.
Categories: Worcestershire, England | Inkberrow, Worcestershire, England | Blackenhurst (hundred), Worcestershire, England | Oswaldslow (hundred), Worcestershire, England | Feckenham Rural, Worcestershire, England | Evesham Rural, Worcestershire, England | Wychavon District, Worcestershire, England