Ingalls is a small community in Payne County, Oklahoma, about 10 miles east of Stillwater. The town was settled out of the "Unassigned Lands" in 1889, and had a post office from January 22, 1890, until October 31, 1907. It was named for Senator John J. Ingalls of Kansas.
Ingalls was the site of a famous Battle of Ingalls on September 1, 1893, which was a shootout between U.S. Marshals and the Doolin-Dalton gang. Three marshals and two residents were killed, one of the residents being killed while shooting at the marshals. Several people were wounded, including two of the outlaws, and one outlaw was captured. A stone monument stands at Ingalls a short distance from where one of the deputies was shot.
A series of old buildings are still present, including the Ingalls Hotel, a livery stable, saloon, and general store. Most of the townsite is now private residences.