- source: Family History Library Catalog
The following description has been used for both Holycross Westgate Within and Holycross Westgate Without.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Holycross Westgate from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "HOLYCROSS-WESTGATE, a parish, consisting of two parts, [Holycross Westgate] Within and [Holycross Westgate] Without, in Kent; adjoining St. Dunstan [eccleasiasticl parish], and forming a western outskirt of Canterbury city. [Holycross Westgate] is in Canterbury [registration] district, and comprises 31 acres. Real property: £880. Population: 249. Houses: 48. [Holycross Westgate] Without is in Bridge district, and comprises 72 acres. Real property: £2,748. Population: 816. Houses: 165. The entire parish is now in Canterbury borough; but only [Holycross Westgate] Within was in it prior to the reform act . The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of St. Peter, in the diocese of Canterbury. The church was rebuilt about 1381, and was recently in bad condition."