Place:Hilton, Huntingdonshire, England

Watchers


NameHilton
TypeVillage
Located inHuntingdonshire, England
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Hilton is a village in Cambridgeshire, East Anglia, England, about 11 miles (18 km) northwest of Cambridge. The parish adjoins the parishes of Elsworth, Fenstanton, Hemingford Abbots, Hemingford Grey, Papworth Everard and Papworth St Agnes. The parish church is dedicated to St Mary Magdalene and has a peal of six bells.

A fragment of a wall painting on plaster, made for Captain Sparrow (1601–1651), at Park Farm, Hilton, probably around the time of his marriage in 1633, is now in the Victoria & Albert Museum, London. The fragment depicts two figures representing the senses of Taste and Sight and was donated by David Garnett and his wife Angelica Bell of Hilton Hall, who were members of the Bloomsbury Group.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Hilton, Huntingdonshire. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.