Place:Henham, Suffolk, England

TypeParish (ancient), Civil parish
Coordinates52.3483°N 1.5993°E
Located inSuffolk, England
See alsoBlything Hundred, Suffolk, Englandhundred in which it was located
Wangford (near Halesworth), Suffolk, Englandparish of which it is a part
Waveney District, Suffolk, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog

NOTE: There is also a Henham in Essex, England

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Henham from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"HENHAM, a hamlet in Wangford parish, Suffolk; 4 miles E of Halesworth. Acres: 1,752. Real property: £1,995. Population: 161. Houses: 26. The manor belonged formerly to the Hoptons, and belongs now to the Earl of Stradbroke. Henham Hall, the Earl's seat, was built, in 1797, by James Wyatt; occupies the site of a previous mansion, burnt in 1773; and stands in an extensive well-wooded park. The hamlet forms a curacy with Wangford."

The name of the parish since 1974 is Wangford with Henham and it is part of the Waveney District of eastern Suffolk. For more information see Wangford (near Halesworth).

Research Tips