|Alt names||Hatune||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 171|
|Located in||Lincolnshire, England|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Hatton is a small village and civil parish east of the town of Wragby, and about north west of the town of Horncastle, Lincolnshire, England. The village lies just north of the A158.
A mile to the south-west of the village is Hatton Wood, a Site of Special Scientific Interest, or SSSI. It forms part of the Bardney Limewoods National Nature Reserve.
Hatton Meadows, a nature reserve belonging to the Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust, lies to the north of Hatton Wood.
The National Transmission System has one of its twenty six compressor stations just off the A158 west of the village at Hatton Bridge driven by three gas turbines.
The church is dedicated to Saint Stephen, and is a Grade II listed building dating from the 13th century, rebuilt in 1870 by James Fowler.
The deserted medieval village (or DMV) of Schankeston was reputedly in or near the village.
It used to feature a real ale pub with the curious name The New Midge on the A158 which is now closed.
It is neighboured by Sotby, Panton and Great Sturton.