Place:Harriett, Tom Green, Texas, United States

Watchers


NameHarriett
Alt namesHarrietsource: Getty Vocabulary Program
TypeCity
Coordinates31.533°N 100.317°W
Located inTom Green, Texas, United States
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Harriett, is an unincorporated town in northeastern Tom Green County in the U.S. state of Texas. It is part of the 'San Angelo, Texas Metropolitan Statistical Area'. It is next to U.S. Highway 67.

The town started when Charles P. Lovelace as postmaster established a post office in the location which would become the town in 1909. A month later the post office changed its name from Harriet to Harriett and continued to served the area until it was moved to San Angelo in 1927. The community reported a population of twelve and two businesses in 1936, and county maps of the 1950s showed a church and several buildings there. Harriet was shown on the 1984 county highway map with a railroad station and, two miles northeast, a cemetery.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Harriett, Texas. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.