|Alt names||Brereton Park||source: hamlet in parish|
|Greenlooms||source: hamlet in parish|
|Hargrave||source: hamlet in parish|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Tarvin, Cheshire, England||ancient parish in which the township was located until 1866|
|Broxton Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was once partly situated|
|Eddisbury Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was once partly situated|
|Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Chester City District, Cheshire, England||district in which it was located 1974-2009|
|Cheshire West and Chester District, Cheshire, England||unitary authority in which it is located since 2009|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Foulk Stapleford has been since 2009 a civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. It contains the village of Hargrave as well as the hamlets of Brereton Park and Greenlooms.
It was a township in the ancient parish of Tarvin until 1866. The population was 212 in 1801, 236 in 1851, 204 in 1901, and 153 in 1951.
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Eddisbury Hundred, Cheshire, England | Broxton Hundred, Cheshire, England | Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England | Chester City District, Cheshire, England | Cheshire West and Chester District, Cheshire, England | Tarvin, Cheshire, England | Foulk Stapleford, Cheshire, England