Grampound is a village in Cornwall, England. It is at an ancient crossing point of the River Fal and today is on the A390 road 10 kilometres (6 mi) west of St. Austell and 13 kilometres (8 mi) east of Truro.
Grampound with Creed is now the civil parish of which the village of Grampound and the village of Creed are the main settlements. Prior to 1974, part of Grampound was in the parish of Creed and part was in the parish of Probus.
The name Grampound comes from the Norman French: grand (great), pont (bridge), referring to the bridge over the River Fal, with its spelling varying over the last 600 years following the name Ponsmur (Cornish) which was recorded in 1308. The population of Grampound with Creed was 654 in the 2011 UK census.
Grampound was part of the St. Austell Rural District from 1894 until 1974.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.