|Name||Fordwich Public Cemetery|
|Alt names||Fordwich Cemetery||source: Ontario GenWeb Cemetery Project|
|Located in||Fordwich, Huron, Ontario, Canada|
Address: Concession 7, Lot 20, Howick Township, Huron County, Ontario, Canada
Maintained by: Township of Howick
General Cemetery Research in Ontario
This section is intended to make researchers aware of some of the resources available to them in their genealogical research. Researchers should not rely only upon on-line resources, but due to their easy accessibility this section may appear to focus on or "favour" them.
Internet Accessible Resources
- This database contains over 3 million names of those buried in Ontario. It is no longer an active project, so new data is not being added. The most recent version is dated 1998.
- This Ontario Genealogical Society (OGS) database contains just under 3 million records and is an on-going project, so this index will continue to grow. It includes more than just an index to cemetery transcriptions. The following is from the OGS TONI project page:
- TONI is an index of Ontario names, indicating where information about that person can be found. Researchers will find a name of interest in TONI and will be directed to the location of that information. The source does NOT have to be in Pay per View (PPV) or on-line but could be a book in your library or a publication for sale. This is an opportunity to advance the cause of genealogy and to promote OGS and the Branches/SIGs. Consider how indexing a document for TONI could help your Branch or SIG. If you would like to help with the TONI project or have any questions, contact me at TONI@ogs.on.ca.
- This on-going project has summary pages for many Ontario Cemeteries, including information on the location and administration of the cemetery, links to other relevant external web pages and noting some resources not accessible on the Internet. In general, if the cemetery page includes transcriptions there will be a link in the Resources section above. If not, use the link in this section to search for the cemetery of interest.
- The Canadian Gravemarker Gallery is a volunteer supported website maintained by Murray Pletsch. It features grave marker photos and provides a limited surname search capability based upon up to 8 characters in the file name of each photo.
- Canadian Gravemarker Gallery home page
- Please report broken links using the link to the talk page above.
Traditional (Non-Internet) Resources
As mentioned in the introduction above, do not restrict your research to internet searches alone. Consult Cemetery registers if they exist. Visit cemetery administration offices, local libraries, branches of the Ontario Genealogical Society, Ontario Archives and other agencies to locate relevant documents.
Help make WeRelate better
Share your successes in research by updating the Cemetery Place page with items such as the following:
- links to new transcriptions not included in the Resources section above
- the types and location of traditional materials you have found