Egloskerry parish consists of the village itself and many outlying hamlets and farms, including Tregeare, Badharlick, Penheale and Trebeath. There are 3,253 acres (13.16 km2) of land and 9 acres (36,000 m2) of water in the parish. During the earliest census of 1801, the parish had 307 inhabitants. The population increased to a peak in 1841, when 552 people were recorded in the parish. Thereafter, the population steadily decreased to its lowest point of only 275 people in 1981. Since then, there has been a consistent increase in people living in the parish, with 374 persons residing there in 2001.
Egloskerry was part of the Launceston Rural District from 1894 until 1974.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.