Eastville was an extra-parochial allotment of the East Fen, which was drained between 1802 and 1813, and constituted as a township by act of parliament passed in 1812, and was created a civil parish in 1866.
Eastville Church, dedicated to Saint Paul, was built at the same time as the parsonage, house and school. The church was consecrated in 1840 by John C. Carter, and was probably built shortly beforehand. It is a Grade II listed building.
The first Eastville school was condemned by an HM Inspector of Schools. A new school was built on the same site by the Eastville School Board (formed in 1895), and opened in 1897 as the Eastville Board School. By 1981, when it finally closed, it was known as the Eastville County Primary School.
There is a composting plant here, producing bagged garden compost.