- source: Family History Library Catalog
Eastcotts is a civil parish in Bedfordshire. Prior to 1866 it was a township within the parish of Cardington. There is no village called Eastcotts, and nineteenth century maps label the area "The Eastcotts" as a wide area rather than a specific settlement. The parish contains the villages of Harrowden and Cotton End (which was shown as Cardington Cotton End on old maps). It also contains Shortstown, the estate which was built to serve RAF Cardington, which is actually in Eastcotts parish, not Cardington parish. When created in 1866, Eastcotts parish also included the Fenlake area of Bedford, but this was transferred to Bedford in 1934.