Place:East Hyde, Hyde, Bedfordshire, England

Watchers
NameEast Hyde
TypeHamlet
Coordinates51.843732°N 0.364437°W
Located inHyde, Bedfordshire, England     (1896 - )
Also located inLuton, Bedfordshire, England     ( - 1896)
source: Family History Library Catalog


East Hyde is a hamlet in the south of the county of Bedfordshire. It was part of the ancient parish of Luton until 1896, when it became part of the newly created civil parish of Hyde. East Hyde is the largest hamlet in Hyde, and contains the parish's church of Holy Trinity.

Research Tips

Holy Trinity Church was built as a chapel to St Mary's Church in Luton. Its registers date from 1842 and are held by Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service.