- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
East Cowes is a small town on the Isle of Wight. The parish of East Cowes was created in 1894 from part of the ancient parish of Whippingham. At the same time it became an Urban District. East Cowes Urban District was abolished in 1933, becoming part of Cowes. The parish was later re-established and East Cowes today (2012) is one of the civil parishes on the Isle of Wight.