Place:Dunipace, Stirlingshire, Scotland

Watchers
NameDunipace
TypeVillage, Parish
Coordinates56.028°N 3.914°W
Located inStirlingshire, Scotland     ( - 1975)
Also located inCentral Scotland, Scotland     (1975 - 1996)
Falkirk (council area), Scotland     (1996 - )
See alsoDenny and Dunipace, Stirlingshire, Scotlandcombined parish established in 1927
source: Family History Library Catalog

The village

the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Dunipace is a village in the west of the Falkirk council area of Scotland. The village is 6.3 miles (10.1 km) south of Stirling and 5.3 miles (8.5 km) north-west of Falkirk. The village is situated on the north bank of the River Carron and adjoins the town of Denny which is to the south of the river.

The main road through Dunipace is the A872 road between Denny and Stirling. Based on the 2001 census, Falkirk council reported the population of Dunipace as being 2,441 residents.

The parish

Dunipace is a parish now located in Falkirk Council Area, some 5 miles (8 km) northwest of Falkirkand 6 miles (10 km) south of Stirling.

It was a parish in the old county of Stirlingshire until 1927 when it was merged with the parish of Denny. (Denny and Dunipace had been one burgh since 1887.) The combined parish remained until 1975 when it was transferred from Stirlingshire to the Central Region of Scotland. In 1996 the regions were replaced by "council areas" and the Denny area has since been located in Falkirk Council Area.

The parish had an area of 22.7 sq. km (8.7 sq. miles). In addition to Dunipace, it includes the settlement of Torwood.

Research Tips


Fundraiser
Help fund new features!