Duffields is an unincorporated community in Jefferson County, West Virginia, USA. Duffields is located on Flowing Springs Road along the B&O Railroad tracks. This small community used to have two churches; the Elk Branch Presbyterian Church and a stone Episcopal Church (since torn down). There were two stores and a gristmill. The small train station built in 1839 still stands, and is being restored by Duffields Station Inc., a 501c3 non-profit; a small platform for the MARC Train commuter rail service to Washington, D.C., was recently built on the site of the later (1884) B&O station, which was demolished in 1942.
During the Civil War, on June 29, 1864, Confederate Colonel John S. Mosby, with a company of five hundred men, broke through the Union lines near Charles Town and attacked a company of Union infantry stationed at Duffields. Mosby's troops cut the telegraph lines and destroyed the Union quarters, capturing about 67 prisoners and a large amount of stores. They successfully eluded the Union forces sent to intercept them.