Extracts pertaining to local and historical information are taken from a Topographical Dictionary of Ireland by Samuel Lewis published in 1837.
DONEGORE, a parish, in the barony of UPPER ANTRIM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 3 1/2 miles (E. by N.) from Antrim; containing 2532 inhabitants. It. comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 6650 statute acres. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Connor, united to that of Kilbride, and the granges of Nalteen and Doagh, forming the union of Donegore, in the patronage of the Bishop. The tithes of the parish amount to £393. 7, 10 1/2., and of the entire benefice, to £954. 5. 9. : there is a glebe-house. The church, which is nearly in the centre of the parish, was built in 1659. Divine service is also performed every Sunday in a private house at Kilbride. There is a meeting-house for Presbyterians in connection with the Synod of Ulster, of the first class, and one in connection with the Seceding Synod, of the second class. The parochial school, in which are about 60 children, is aided by the rector; and there are three Sunday schools.