Place:Doberlug-Kirchhain, Elbe-Elster, Brandenburg, Germany

Watchers


NameDoberlug-Kirchhain
TypeTown
Located inElbe-Elster, Brandenburg, Germany


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Doberlug-Kirchhain is a town in the district of Elbe-Elster, Brandenburg, Germany.

History

the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

937. The town of Kirchhain was built by Margrave Gero. A document written in 1005 mentions the town Doberlug (Dobraluh) for the first time. In 1165 the Cistercian Dobrilugk Abbey was founded by Margrave Dietrich of Landsberg.

1235. Kirchhain received market-rights. In 1431 the Hussites destroyed the town of Doberlug and the abbey was devastated. In 1637 and 1643 the Swedes destroyed Kirchhain.

1848. The jurisdictions of Doberlug and Kirchhain were unified, but the actual merger of the two towns did not take place until over one hundred years later, in 1950.

During World War II, Kirchhain was taken by the Red Army on 23 April 1945.

On August 28, 1992, the Amt Doberlug-Kirchhain was created to streamline the administration of the town together with the surrounding 8 small municipalities. Nexdorf and Frankena later joined as well. The municipalities incorporated into the town were Frankena (2000), Dübrichen, Hennersdorf, Nexdorf, Prießen and Werenzhain (2001), and Buchhain (2002). The remaining three municipalities Arenzhain, Trebbus and Lugau were incorporated on October 26, 2003, thus ending the history of the Amt.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Doberlug-Kirchhain. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.