Place:Delaware, Warren, New Jersey, United States

Watchers
NameDelaware
Alt namesDelaware Stationsource: USGS, GNIS Digital Gazetteer (1994) GNIS34001737
TypeInhabited place
Coordinates40.892047°N 75.06569°W
Located inWarren, New Jersey, United States     (1824 - )
Also located inSussex, New Jersey, United States     ( - 1824)
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Delaware, New Jersey could refer to:

Research Tips

Delaware is a village in Knowlton Township in Warren County in the State of New Jersey. Prior to the formation of Warren County in 1824 it was in Sussex County. It was called Delaware Station for many years after the arrival of the railway. Before then it was simply known as Knowlton.

It is described in J. P. Snell's 1881 History of Sussex and Warren Counties New Jersey and in G. W. Cummins' 1911 History of Warren County New Jersey.

Delaware is the location of St. James Episcopal Church, Knowlton, for which records date back to the mid 1700s. The church has been closed for several decades and has been used as an antiques warehouse. It is located on the north side of Clarence Road about 100 yards east of Route 46.

The cemetery in Delaware is sometimes described as the Ramseyburg cemetery. The cemetery is located at 40.892997N 75.066089W. This is on Route 46 and 0.73 mile south of St James Episcopal Church.

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Delaware, New Jersey. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Fundraiser
Help fund new features!