College Park is a city located in Fulton and Clayton counties, Georgia, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 13,942. Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport is partially located in the city boundaries, and the Georgia International Convention Center, owned and operated by the City of College Park, is within the city limits.
The community that would become College Park was founded as Atlantic City in 1890 as a depot on the Atlanta and West Point Railroad. The town was renamed Manchester when it was incorporated as a city in 1891. It was renamed again as the city of College Park in 1896.
The city has 853 properties listed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior. The city's name came from being the home of Cox College (where the city hall and other buildings now stand) and Georgia Military Academy (now the Woodward Academy). The east-west avenues in College Park are named for Ivy League colleges, and the north-south streets are named for influential College Park residents.
The College Park Woman's Club, one of the oldest in Georgia, is located in Camellia Hall on Main Street.