Colcord is a small farming town in southern Delaware County, Oklahoma, United States. The community lies in the northeastern part of the state in a region known as Green Country. At the 2000 census, the population was 819.
Colcord's history starts decades before the establishment of the town itself, with the community of Row, Indian Territory, in the 1890s. As settlers moved to the area, the town of Row grew and businesses formed, including a bank, a school, a hotel, and others. A Post Office was established on May 20, 1905.
In the 1920s, a road (later known as Oklahoma State Highway 116) was built that passed south of the then-healthy town of Row. A rural mail carrier, Charles Burbage, who owned land to the south where the new road was established, platted into blocks, lots and streets.
The area grew into a community known as "Little Tulsa" to locals, until residents changed the name in September 1928 to "Colcord," after Charles Francis Colcord. Mr. Colcord was a successful and prominent cattle rancher, oil businessman, and early Oklahoma Territory lawman from Oklahoma City, who owned a large ranch west of the two towns. The ranch employed many local residents, and was very important to the economy and spirit of the area.