|Located in||Cape, South Africa (1840 - 1913)|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Cape Almanac for 1840 described the area and stated that :
The new village of 'Claremont' succeeds, near to which, on the left, is 'Claremont House', the property of R. Waters Esq, who has lately laid out the the grounds with much taste, in the manner usually known as the English style of landscape gardening.
In 1913, Claremont and several other municipalities were incorporated into the city of Cape Town.