|Type||Hamlet, Civil parish|
|Located in||Hertfordshire, England|
|See also||Dacorum Hundred, Hertfordshire, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Kings Langley, Hertfordshire, England||parish in which it was a chapelry until 1958|
|Hemel Hempstead Rural, Hertfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1958-1974|
|Dacorum District, Hertfordshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Chipperfield from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "CHIPPERFIELD, a hamlet-chapelry in Kings-Langley parish, Herts; near the Grand Junction canal, 2½ miles W of Kings-Langley [railway] station, and 4¼ N of Rickmansworth. It has a post office under Watford. Population: 569. The living is a [perpetual] curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value: £174. Patrons: Trustees."
Chipperfield remained a hamlet and chapelry in Kings Langley parish until 1958 when it became a civil parish in Hemel Hempstead Rural District. When the Dacorum District was formed in 1974, it ceased to be a separate civil parish and instead became part of the modern Bovingdon, Flaunden and Chipperfield civil parish.
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Chipperfield is a village and civil parish in the Dacorum District of Hertfordshire, England, about 5 miles southwest of Hemel Hempstead and 5 miles north of Watford. The rural parish includes the hamlet of Tower Hill.
The village centre is a large green on the edge of nearby Chipperfield common.
It stands on a chalk plateau at the edge of the Chiltern Hills, some 130 to 160 metres above sea level.
Categories: Hertfordshire, England | Chipperfield, Hertfordshire, England | Dacorum Hundred, Hertfordshire, England | Kings Langley, Hertfordshire, England | Hemel Hempstead Rural, Hertfordshire, England | Dacorum District, Hertfordshire, England