Castlebridge is a large village on the R741 regional road in County Wexford, Ireland, north of Wexford Town. It is located near the River Slaney and just north of Wexford Harbour. Castlebridge is a rapidly expanding suburb of Wexford town, its population increased from 783 in 1996 to 1,013 in 2002, and to 1624 in the 2006 census, and 1726 in 2011.
The Castle that originally stood in the village was dismantled to build buildings such as the Church of Ireland Church, which is one of the oldest buildings in Castlebridge.
The river that flows through Castlebridge is actually a canal that replaced the original river. It was dug out by hand to allow sailing cots that loaded up in the various docks of Castlebridge to get to Wexford Town more quickly.