- source: Family History Library Catalog
Callaly and Yetlington are two small villages that made up one township and now make up one civil parish in Northumberland, England. They each have a one-sentence article in Wikipedia. Callaly is some 14.5 km (9.0 mi) to the west of Alnwick, Northumberland, England and the location of Callaly Castle.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Callaly and Yetlington from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "CALLALEY AND YETHINGTON, a township in Whittingham parish, Northumberland; 5 miles N by W of Rothbury. Acres: 3,970. Population: 261. Houses: 51. Callaley Hall is the seat of the Caverings; and includes some portions of an old castle. Callaley crag is crowned with remains of a Roman entrenchment.
Callaly and Yetlington was a township in the ancient parish of Whittingham and became a separate civil parish in 1866. In 1955 the name of the civil parish was changed to Callaly.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.