Place:Bradford in Bamburgh, Northumberland, England

Watchers
NameBradford in Bamburgh
TypeTownship, Civil parish
Coordinates55.586°N 1.756°W
Located inNorthumberland, England
See alsoBamburgh, Northumberland, Englandancient parish of which it was part
Bamburgh Ward, Northumberland, Englandancient division in which it was located
Adderstone with Lucker, Northumberland, Englandcivil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955
source: Family History Library Catalog
NOTE: Bradford has been named Bradford in Bamburgh in WeRelate to differentiate it from Bradford (near Morpeth) or Bradford in Bolam, another village further south in Northumberland.


A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Bradford in Bamburgh from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"BRADFORD, a township in Bambrough parish, Northumberland; in the vicinity of the Northeastern railway, 3¼ miles ESE of Belford. Acres: 528. Population: 49. Houses: 8."

Bradford in Bamburgh became part of the civil parish of Adderstone with Lucker in 1955.

Research Tips

  • Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.