Place:Bollin Fee, Cheshire, England

NameBollin Fee
TypeTownship, Civil parish
Coordinates53.31°N 2.235°W
Located inCheshire, England     ( - 1936)
See alsoWilmslow, Cheshire, Englandancient parish of which it was a township
Macclesfield Hundred, Cheshire, Englandhundred in which it was located
Alderley Edge, Cheshire, Englandurban district in which it was located 1894-1936
Alderley Edge, Cheshire, Englandcivil parish into which it was absorbed in 1936
source: Family History Library Catalog
GENUKI provides the following information

Bollin Fee or Bollinfee was a small township in Wilmslow ancient parish in Macclesfield Hundred which became a civil parish in 1866. During the period 1894-1936 it was part of Alderley Edge Urban District. In 1936 the civil parish was abolished and became a part of Alderley Edge parish. A very small area of Bollin Fee (less than 1 acre, no population) was transferred to Wilmslow.

The population of Bollin Fee was 1506 in 1801, 1884 in 1851, and 633 in 1901.

Bollin Fee was located in between Alderley Edge and Wilmslow with Alderley Edge on the south and Wilmslow on the north.

Research Tips

  • The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
  • A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
  • Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.