|Alt names||Torintona||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 77|
|Torintone||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 77|
|Located in||Devon, England|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Black Torrington is a village and civil parish in north Devon, England, situated between the towns of Holsworthy and Hatherleigh. It is situated on and named after the River Torridge.
Within the village is a small but well maintained 15th century Church of England parish church named after St Mary. There is also a Church of England run primary school adjacent to the church.
The church is of medieval origin, with a 14th-century chancel, with much of the rest dating from about 1500.