According to the 2001 Census, the village had a population of 175.
Benniworth Grade II listed Anglican parish church is dedicated to St Julian. The church is cruciform in plan with a conical roofed tower. Restoration by James Fowler was undertaken in 1875 when the transepts and chancel were rebuilt. The Norman west doorway and south side of the nave remains, with the font being reconstructed from Norman fragments.