Place:Ballingham, Herefordshire, England

Watchers


NameBallingham
TypeVillage
Located inHerefordshire, England
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Ballingham is a small village of about 140 people in Herefordshire, England, situated in a loop of the River Wye, between Hereford and Ross-on-Wye.

It has a parish church dedicated to St. Dubricius which dates from the Anglo-Saxon times. The Parish Church in Whitchurch, also in Herefordshire, between Ross-on-Wye and Monmouth also carries his name. The church was refurbished in the late Victorian era, but the 14th century roof was kept. The tower dates from this period also although the nave is 13th century. The old primary school is now the village hall and was extensively refurbished in time for the Millennium in 2000. From 1908 to 1964 the village was served by Ballingham railway station on the Hereford, Ross and Gloucester Railway.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Ballingham. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.