Kilmallie (Scots Gaelic: Cill Mhàilidh) is a civil parish in Lochaber, in the west highlands of Scotland. It is centred around the village of Caol, near Fort William and extends to Banavie and Corpach.
Until 1895 Kilmallie was a parish on the peninsula of Lochaber located partly in Inverness-shire and partly in Argyll. It contained the town of Fort William, and the hamlets of North Ballachulish and Onich in Inverness-shire, and Ardgour, Banavie, Clovulin, Corpach, Achdalieu, Blaich, Duisky, and Garvan in Argyll [the last four re-directed to Corpach]. It was the largest parish in Scotland. A Vision of Britain through Time contains a closeup map showing most or all of these places.
In 1895, much of the Argyllshire part of the parish was split out to form the parish of Ardgour and the county boundaries were redrawn so that the remainder was absorbed into Inverness-shire. It would appear from 21st century maps that the whole of the original Kilmallie, including the Argyll parish of Ardgour is now in the Highland Council Area.
For a 19th century description of the parish, see the description from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) as transcribed and copyrighted by Colin Hinson and provided on the web by GENUKI.