Place:Épinay-sur-Seine, Seine-Saint-Denis, France

Watchers


NameÉpinay-sur-Seine
Alt namesSpinogelumsource: Encyclopædia Britannica (1988) IV, 526
Épinay-sur-Seinesource: Getty Vocabulary Program
TypeCommune
Coordinates48.95°N 2.3°E
Located inSeine-Saint-Denis, France
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Épinay-sur-Seine is a commune in the northern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located from the center of Paris. The church of Notre-Dame-des-Missions-du-cygne d'Enghien, designed by Paul Tournon, may be found in the commune.

History

the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

On 7 August 1850, a part of the territory of Épinay-sur-Seine was detached and merged with a part of the territory of Deuil-la-Barre, a part of the territory of Saint-Gratien, and a part of the territory of Soisy-sous-Montmorency to create the commune of Enghien-les-Bains.

Francis, Duke of Cádiz (13 May 1822 – 17 April 1902), king consort of Spain, took up residence at the château of Épinay-sur-Seine in 1881 until his death in 1902. The castle is currently the Épinay-sur-Seine city hall.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Épinay-sur-Seine. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.