Facts and Events
||5 Apr 1745
||Kittery, York, Maine, United States
Speculative Wife?: Mary Emery (30)
with Mary (add)
||Shapleigh, York, Maine
||Shapleigh, York, Maine
||25 Jan 1827
||Shapleigh, York, Maine, United States
||Shapleigh, York, Maine, United StatesWilliam+Stanley+Cemetery
There are 3 vital records available on MyHeritage for William Stanley, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for William Stanley
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Shapleigh, York, Maine, in York, Maine, United States. 1820 U.S. Census Population Schedule, M33_39; Page: 567; Image: 223.
Name: William Stanley
Residence Date: 1820
Residence Place: Shapleigh, York, Maine
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 United States Department of Veterans Affairs. Nationwide Gravesite Locator.
" STANLEY, WILLIAM
PVT CONTINENTAL LINE
DATE OF BIRTH: 04/05/1745
DATE OF DEATH: 01/25/1827
1039 BACK RD SHAPLEIGH, ME 04076
- Fisher, Carleton Edward, and Sue G Fisher. Soldiers, sailors, and patriots of the Revolutionary War, Maine. (Louisville, Kentucky: National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution, c1982), 741.
b Kittery 1745
d Shapleigh 1827
CL-4, 1:641; MOCA"
- ↑ Maine, United States. Maine Births and Christenings, 1739-1900. (FamilySearch Record Search), .
Name: William Stanlee
Birth Date: 05 Apr 1745
Father's Name: William, Jr. Stanlee
Mother's Name: Mary
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I00661-3
System Origin: Maine-EASy
GS Film number: 11322
Reference ID: p 10
[Note: Film 11322 is "Vital records, 1699-1899" Author: Kittery (Maine). Town Clerk]
- ↑ Ridlon, G. T. Saco Valley settlements and families: historical, biographical, genealogical, traditional, and legendary, embracing the most important events in the towns on the Saco River from their plantation to the present ... (Portland, Maine: G.T. Ridlon, 1894), Vol. 2, p. 1154.
Children of William Stanley and Mary --- of Kittery: 2) William, b. 5 Apr 1745. Moved to Shapleigh in 1774, had a numerous family, but the name of his wife has not been found.
- William Stanley, in Acton-Shapleigh Historical Society Web Site, 2005.
- STANLEY, WILLIAM, in Daughters of the American Revolution. Genealogical Research System.
[Citing NEHGR, Vol. 23, p. 291 which describes the capture by privateer General Sullivan of the prize brigatine Charlotte, taken June or July 1750, worth £350,000. The prize money was divided into 34 shares, including one to William Stanley.]