- F. John SpoonerBET 1571 AND 1601 - BET 1626 AND 1687
- M. Ann PeckBET 1579 AND 1604 - BET 1626 AND 1693
m. ABT 1620/1
- William Spooner1620 - Abt 1685
Facts and Events
||INDENTURED: John Holmes/Coombs
||Plymouth, Massachusetts, United Statesto Elizabeth Partridge
||Colchester, Essex, Englandto Elizabeth Partridge
||18 Mar 1651/52
||Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United Statesto Hannah Pratt
||8 Mar 1683/84
||Dartmouth, Bristol County, Massachusetts
||Dartmouth, Bristol, Massachusetts, United States
The following deeds are given to establish residences:
- MD, p. 13:143, Deed 25th of october 1658, "Samuell hickes of the town of Plymouth" to "William Spooner of the towne aforsaid in the Jurisdiction aforsaid planter" 15 acres of meadow in "the Township of PLymouth aforsaid".
- MD, p. 17:105, Deed dated 30th of June 1662, "William Spooner of Acushenah [northeastern section of Dartmouth, now called Acushnet] in the Jurisdiction of Plymouth in New England; plantor" to "Robert Ransome of the Towne of Plymouth in the Jurisdiction aforsaid plantor" 15 acres of meadow in "the Towneship of Plymouth aforsaid". On same day, "Robert Ransome" to "Willam Spooner of Achusenah" 20 acres of upland at Acushenah.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Spooner, Thomas. Records of William Spooner of Plymouth, Mass. and his descendants. (Cincinnati, Ohio: T. Spooner, 1883), 14-18.
Assumes about 16 or 17 at time of apprenticeship. Origins unknown. There was a Colchester in both Massachusetts and England, and it is unclear which one is referred to in his indenture. This source speculates he might be brother of Thomas Spooner, s/o Ann, of Salem. If so, came from Leyden, Holland. Married (1) Elizabeth Partridge who had 1 child, John, and m. (2) Hannah Pratt who had 8 children. Will dated 8 Mar 1683/84.
- ↑ Pulsifer, David (editor), and Nathaniel B. (editor) Shurtleff. Records of the Colony of New Plymouth, in New England. (Boston, MA: William White, 1855-1861), 1:19.
"Whereas William Spooner of Colchester in the County of Essex by his Indenture beareinge date the twenty seaventh day of March Anno Dei 1637 in the thirteenth yeare of his Ma'ties Raigne hath put himself apprentice w'th John Holmes of New Plymouth in America..."
- ↑ Davis, William T. Ancient landmarks of Plymouth: part 1, historical sketch and titles of estates; part 2, genealogical register of Plymouth families. (Boston, Massachusetts: A. Williams, c1883), 249.
William Spooner came from Colchester, England in 1637, d. Dartmouth 1685, m. (1) Elizabeth Partridge, m. (2) Hannah Pratt.
- ↑ Genealogies of Rhode Island families : from Rhode Island periodicals. (Baltimore [Maryland]: Genealogical Pub. Co., 1983, c1983).