Facts and Events
||, of “Black Rock Run", Spotsylvania County, Virginia
||14 SEP 1719
||Christ Church, Middlesex County, Virginia
||11 OCT 1719
||Christ Church, , Middlesex Co., Va.,
||20 March 1749
||Virginiato Anne Stevens
||4 January 1792
||Spotsylvania County, Virginia
Will Extract of William Smith
- SMITH, WILLIAM, Berkeley Parish, Spotsylvania Co., d. Jan. 4, 1792.
- Executors Bond dated Apr. 1, 1794.
- Wit. Reuben Massey, Charles Carter, Edward Massey, Thomas Shirley, Richard Long.
- Executors: my three sons Oswald, John and James Smith.
- Leg. son Oswald Smith and his daughter Elizabeth Smith; son John Smith; daughter Franky Stubblefield; her husband Col. Harry Stubblefield, and my granddaughter Catherine Stubblefield; son James Smith; daughter Diana Walker; her husband James Walker, and their daughter Polly Walker; daughter Mary Stevens; her husband John Stevens and their daughter Ann Smith Stevens; daughter Lucy Smith.
- [Spotsylvania County Will Book, Page 1358]
- From "William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine, Volume 9", by College of William and Mary, pg. 46:
- William Smith, of “Black Rock Run,” Spotsylvania county, made his will in 1792, and names children, Oswald, John, Franky, wife of Col. Harry Stubblefield, James, Diana, wife of James Walker, Mary, wife of John Stevens, and Lucy Smith.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Mrs. P. W. Heiden. "Smiths of Middlesex County, Virginia". (Genealogies of Virginia Families, vol IV, pg 505-513).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Parish register of Christ Church, Middlesex County, Va., from 1653 to 1812. (Richmond, Virginia: National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the Commonwealth of Virginia, 1897), p. 103.
- ↑ International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).